Camper Build Tech
About the Company
Badac Adventure Co is a custom camper builder. We strive to create versatile, durable, and stylish campers to use for weekend trips and full time living alike. We build rugged, offroad, off-grid camper trailers. We take great pride and ownership in every camper we build. We focus on listening to clients’ needs and work diligently to bring their camping vision into reality. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive family of team players.
We are looking for candidates to join our camper building team and help produce the one of the industry’s toughest trailers from the ground up. If you are a self-starter, eager to work in one of the fastest growing outdoor industries, with ample opportunity for growth, then read on.
About the Role
We are currently looking for a full-time camper build technician to join our team. This position is responsible for the construction, installation, finishing, quality assurance, and function test of components and equipment installed in our campers.
The applicant must have experience working with hand tools, power tools (track saw, table saw, drill press, grinders, etc.), other shop equipment, and the ability to train on and implement new equipment. Broad mechanical and electrical knowledge, an acute attention to detail, and a positive attitude are required.
The ideal candidate is a motivated, self-starter with proficient carpentry/manufacturing skills. Duties will include installing kitchens, cabinetry, caulking, mounting toolboxes, installing water tanks, installing furnaces, and testing installed equipment. Ideal candidates will have some RV experience, but anyone with a good carpentry, automotive, or manufacturing background will be considered for the position. Candidates must be clean, courteous, tidy, and on time.
At least 2 years of experience is preferred.
*Local candidates only, please. We require up to a 1 week trial period before hiring.
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record
- Strong knowledge of general construction practices e.g. 12V electrical, wood working, metal working, and assembly
- Experience safely operating hand tools and power tools (drill press, grinders, table saw, circular saw, cut off wheel, chop saw, pneumatic nail gun, sanders, jig saw, spray adhesive, and other general shop tools)
- Ability to read and understand production documentation: drawings, installation instructions, owner’s manuals, etc.
- Positive, team-oriented, can-do attitude
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble and install camper components e.g. water tanks, solar panels, lithium battery systems, etc.
- Test systems in camper and verify proper operation
- Maintain a safe and clean work space
- Fabricate components from raw materials
- Upholster and install wall and door panels
- Desire and ability to continually learn new practices, methods, and componentry
Skills and Knowledge Desired:
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience in mechanical, electrical, and/or fine woodworking or finish carpentry
- Strong knowledge of use, safety, and maintenance of power and hand woodworking tools (table saw, miter saw, circular saw, jigsaw, router, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience working with building materials and finishes (plywood, dimensional lumber, aluminum, steel sections, Formica, vinyl, etc.)
- Understanding and comfort with material properties, fastening methods, failure mode, and structural stresses / loads.
- Strong experience in power tool operation (drills, grinders, reciprocating saws, etc.)
- Ability to learn quickly & communicate effectively
- Construct and install 12V DC and 110V AC wiring harnesses
- Install, diagnose and repair common wiring systems found in RVs
- Install, diagnose and repair 12V DC components and wiring including off road lights, interior lights, relays, fans, batteries, charge controllers and all other DC components
- Install solar arrays and charging systems
- Ability to stand and move about on concrete for 10 hours a day. Ability to see, walk, bend, reach, grasp, stoop, kneel, twist, crawl, carry, climb (including ladders), work overhead, push and pull.
- Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) multiple times daily in a 10 hour shift.
- Ability to maneuver large parts and assemblies (up to 180 pounds) by pushing, pulling and flipping them into place.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.